Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   I'm gonna get flammed for this i know it.. (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991)

High_Revs_17 09-30-2005 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
Good way to eliminate strips = go to the track.

Note: this IS my tire.

And he went from the whole tire being one big chickenstrip! Great job Vin! :nod2:

High_Revs_17 09-30-2005 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PitsVtec
ukkk! I've never had deer...I just couldn't bring myself to kill animals...eat them and not contemplate about how they got there is better... :nod2:

Stop talking about Bambi and get rid of those chickenstrips! :P

High_Revs_17 09-30-2005 03:44 AM

Quote:

I dragged the left peg at Pocono. It was, um, startling.

Time to move up my friend. ;)

http://www.revlimiterracing.com/Merc...arsuzukirs.jpg

Vin 09-30-2005 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
And he went from the whole tire being one big chickenstrip!

Not quite, Ron. I just don't take the risks needed to run the tires to the edge on the street like some others. :nono:

ffejtable 09-30-2005 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev
yeah i figured that..joel kinda taught me to ride my own pace..he's a good rider....but i was just wondering what and who and how people dertemine how good you are from chicken strips...that answer's my questions

Then the answer to that, is you cant tell squat...

In fact no chicken strips can be a bad thing. I have TOO much lean angle at times, and that means scraping other parts of the bike, which can cause you to lose traction in the rear.. That means I am not getting myself off the bike enough to change my center of gravity so i dont have to lean the bike over as much...

Vin 09-30-2005 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ffejtable
Then the answer to that, is you cant tell squat...

In fact no chicken strips can be a bad thing. I have TOO much lean angle at times, and that means scraping other parts of the bike, which can cause you to lose traction in the rear.. That means I am not getting myself off the bike enough to change my center of gravity so i dont have to lean the bike over as much...

Jefftable said it best.

MrQuickR1 09-30-2005 07:59 AM

If you want to get rid of them strips, come out with me. But worrying about strips shouldn't be your concern. Once you ride harder and better, they go away automatically.
Let me know Mark, and keep hunny bunny home for this one.
LMFAO

njf4i 09-30-2005 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrQuickR6
If you want to get rid of them strips, come out with me. But worrying about strips shouldn't be your concern. Once you ride harder and better, they go away automatically.
Let me know Mark, and keep hunny bunny home for this one.
LMFAO

+1 to following mr. bill around.

I had the pleasure of one ride this year where he took the time to have me follow his line thru a great road. I stopped focusing on BS in my head and just hit the marks.

By the end of that ride i stopped caring about what the tires looked like, and started focusing on hitting the marks and making the bike move faster.

Ant 09-30-2005 09:22 AM

Quote:

Good way to eliminate strips = go to the track.

Note: this IS my tire.

Yeah but those were Jimmy's first. :LOL:

Rev...yes you have chicken strips but who cares? You are a street rider so it shouldn't matter. Just ride to have fun.

Vin 09-30-2005 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ant
Yeah but those were Jimmy's first. :LOL:

Thanks ya prick. :lol:

Kennedy 09-30-2005 09:36 AM

Why do I feel conflict in this thread?

Vin 09-30-2005 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
Why do I feel conflict in this thread?

George Carlin's "bigger dick theory" is at work in this thread.

Kennedy 09-30-2005 09:44 AM

LOL!!! I KNOW THAT ONE!

njf4i 09-30-2005 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kennedy
LOL!!! I KNOW THAT ONE!

You know that because your wittle fella always felt out of place with the big boys. :lol:

Vin 09-30-2005 09:51 AM

"They have bigger strips? Bomb them!"