Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Track Events (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   VIR 7/31 and 8/1 TPM **MORE PICS ADDED** (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=370)

DougZ 07-29-2005 09:11 AM

Ride safe ya bastids. :)

Cakes206 08-03-2005 04:40 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Ok...just got done resizing some pics...mad props to the photographers for makin me look good, lol. Now...about VIR...was signed up to do South course on Sunday and North on Monday. Unfortunatly it rained on Sunday and I decided to take full advantage of the EFP(Event Fee Protection) and cancel the day. North course is pretty bad ass...nice elevation changes...long high speed strait with a kink...and smooth as hell...providing you stay on the line(I'm gettin to that in a sec.) Being I had never been there before, I took the morning sessions a little easy...followed Julie(TPM Coach) to learn the line...get to know the track...by the 4th session I was able to turn it up some. During the 4th session I was trying something a little differentheadding into the roller coaster. Wanted to try going thru in a higher gear to carry more speed...this was prven to be very effective but almost costly. As I was heading into the roller coaster...I'm carrying some nice speed...but something happened and I turned a tad late, cause me to run a little wide...which was no problem, but the smooth part of the track is on the line...2 feet out and bumpy. Feel the front end start to tuck and slide...dragging my knee and foot and the back of the lower fairing giving me the "Oh shit" factor. I said hell with this and stayed on the throttle...pushed the bar forward to regain countersteering and pushed myself up with my knee saving what could of been a nice lowside...I almost wanted to pit in but said no, just cruise round, get back in it. Then after lunch it was go time...Hooked up a few hot laps with I Ride(Rob)...made a few nice passes...that was awesome...all in all it was an awesome time...I really like VIR...but still isn't in my top 3 favs...maybe it'll take a couple more times to change my mind...we'll see.

Qetesh also stepped it up nice as well...her goal of the day was to keep up with Rita(friend of ours) and towards the afternoon she was able to do just that...proud to see her step it up like that :banmac:

Pic1- me and CbrBob
Pic2- me and CbrBob
Pic3- cool knee drag pic
Pic4- CAKES :lol:
Pic5- I think this is where I almost lost the front end. Talk bout lean angle :wow:

Cakes206 08-03-2005 04:42 PM

6 Attachment(s)
The Pass

Cakes206 08-03-2005 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Qetesh lookin good out there...

Pic1- Talk bout lookin thru the turn...
Pic2- Full shot
Pic3- Great form...leading the pack...

FigNewTon 08-03-2005 04:45 PM

Great pics Joe.....even though you wussed out on Sunday cause of a little sprinkle :lol:

Cakes206 08-03-2005 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WSprtuaL
Great pics Joe.....even though you wussed out on Sunday cause of a little sprinkle :lol:

Damn you :storm: :tongue: :jerkit: :lol: :lol:

Brian78 08-03-2005 04:54 PM

u bitchass, u missed out on the south course.

Cakes206 08-03-2005 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BowleroftheYear
u bitchass, u missed out on the south course.

Just wasn't feelin it man... rain = teh suck.

HondaGalToo 08-03-2005 05:31 PM

Great pics! Awesome!!! One of these days I'd like to do VIR north.

Jimmy 08-03-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cakes
Pic5- I think this is where I almost lost the front end. Talk bout lean angle :wow:

Holy crap!!! :scared:

Awesome pics! :jam2:

DougZ 08-03-2005 11:22 PM

Nice fuggin shots Cakes. North is great, huh.

RacerGSX 08-07-2005 09:04 PM

VIR

1 Attachment(s)
You gotta rate VIR aleast as #2 second to MOSPORT. VIR is so smooth.

Kawibabe 08-08-2005 12:54 AM

Great pics!!! Look at Qetesh kicking butt!!! :nod2:

Cakes206 08-12-2005 01:09 AM

6 Attachment(s)
More Pics...

Pic1- CBRBob's bike, definitly needs a lil more cowbell.
Pic2- The set up.
Pic3- Rita killin it out there.
Pic4- CBRBob "How bout nooooo."
Pic5- CBRBob and Rita.
Pic6- ffejefigablfjffjff

Cakes206 08-12-2005 01:11 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Last ones...

Pic1- Someones a lil camera shy ;)
Pic2- Salute the addicts.
Pic3- Need I say more.