Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Bike Talk (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   liter bikes (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2819)

High_Revs_17 06-03-2006 08:22 PM

I'm gonna :puke: with all this :vtwin: :blahblah:

:lol:

SilverDragon 06-04-2006 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 5wytchBh4kk
+1, summing it up simply. if you like it buy it. a good rider can ride any bike under any conditions.

ps. that pic u posted is 04-current. 02-03s are different.

>>> http://www.dynobike.com/gallery/bike...20Racebike.jpg

You're right, It's the '04 I was thinking of. Since the '03 R6 is similar to the '05 R6, I confused the two for a sec.

It's the underseat exhaust I like about the R1.

akomplis 06-04-2006 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragon

It's the underseat exhaust I like about the R1.

Take one for a ride and you will like more than just the underseat exhaust...

Maybe that is what you should do...take one out for a hour or two and see for yourself if you would like to upgrade or not....just keep in mind all the valid/good points mentioned.

JasonB 06-04-2006 08:15 PM

Liter bikes have A LOT MORE POWER than 600's. If you get one...make sure you control that throttle.

I had a 600 and went to a liter bike. I still haven't used full throttle on it yet. Respect your bike.

SAXON117 06-04-2006 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17
I'm gonna :puke: with all this :vtwin: :blahblah:

:lol:

:vtwin: :vtwin: :vtwin: don't be a hater :vtwin: :vtwin: :vtwin:

I say :fart: to you sir

:LOL:

JimRBlue 06-04-2006 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jase
Liter bikes have A LOT MORE POWER than 600's. If you get one...make sure you control that throttle.

I had a 600 and went to a liter bike. I still haven't used full throttle on it yet. Respect your bike.

Neither have I.

Kennedy 06-04-2006 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimRBlue
Neither have I.

Liars

High_Revs_17 06-04-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jase

I hear ya...I was on D's Busa today...first time ever on one...thing's a monster.

Cakes206 06-05-2006 07:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saxon
I say :fart: to you sir

"I faaart in your general dirrrection"

ps- :vtwin: 's rule!

shamster 06-05-2006 09:37 AM

I've said this many times and I'll say it again. Most people cannot even outride the capabilities of a Ninja 500. I ride a CBR600RR, and I'll be the first to admit that this is more than enough bike for me, and most others. Even pros have to work hard to push the limits of a 600, so how can most people you see around town outride these pros to the point that they "need" a literbike?

Don't believe me, go to a track day. Nothing is better than watching guys on literbikes getting passed over and over by guys on "little" bikes.

SilverDragon 06-05-2006 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamster
I've said this many times and I'll say it again. Most people cannot even outride the capabilities of a Ninja 500. I ride a CBR600RR, and I'll be the first to admit that this is more than enough bike for me, and most others. Even pros have to work hard to push the limits of a 600, so how can most people you see around town outride these pros to the point that they "need" a literbike?

Don't believe me, go to a track day. Nothing is better than watching guys on literbikes getting passed over and over by guys on "little" bikes.

I agree with you. The manufacturers also know what they're doing. I wish Yamaha would make the R6 (or at least the R6s) look like the R1. I have a thing for aesthetics. I like to look good even if I'm going 15mph. :)

as much as I like the CBR600RR, with the underseat exhaust, it's still missing that something that the R1 has. The CBR has the brake light angled in, and then the exhaust sticks out again, that bothers the hell out of me!

shamster 06-05-2006 10:03 AM

Well, different strokes for different folks I guess. I love the CBR's looks, but I do agree that I wish they made exhausts that are more flush with the tail.

I myself am not a Yammie fan at all. I don't like the headlights of the R1 and the older R6 (looks like a mosquito to me). The new R6...forget it! Someone must've been high when designing that thing.

5wytchBh4kk 06-05-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverDragon
I agree with you. The manufacturers also know what they're doing. I wish Yamaha would make the R6 (or at least the R6s) look like the R1. I have a thing for aesthetics. I like to look good even if I'm going 15mph. :)

as much as I like the CBR600RR, with the underseat exhaust, it's still missing that something that the R1 has. The CBR has the brake light angled in, and then the exhaust sticks out again, that bothers the hell out of me!

my f4i has more than enough power with all the work done to it, but once i rode my friends r1 there was no looking back. the balance of torque, high end power and handling blew away my 600. yeah, you dont need it, but then again all you really need is air food and water lol.

i agree that yamaha has the most cutting edge styling on their machines, almost ahead of its time, but very tasteful. the lines flow well. no weird perpendicular angles like on some hondas. what about the new r6?

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/p...BLK_3sized.jpg

pretty close to the new r1 minus undertail pipes. the new r1 gives you worse swamp ass than the 600rr, although it runs cooler it has 2 pipes versus 1.

new r1s are dead up to 4-5000 rpms. theyve been regeared from 02-03s. you shouldnt have a problem handling the power as it comes on. its pretty smooth. try asking someone who has made the switch to the bike, they'll probably tell you the same thing. unless you actually rode one its all speculation. do you know anyone personally who owns one and would let you try it?

SilverDragon 06-05-2006 11:41 AM

I don't like the shortie exhaust. Maybe down the line in a couple of years it'll grow on me.

shamster 06-05-2006 12:05 PM

The new R6 is just awful as far as appearance! First, the shorty exhaust looks ridiculous. Then the rear fender, which looks like a crane (this of course is easily removable so I won't get too into this one).

The other bad thing is if you look at the bike from the side, the tail looks way too small compared to the rest of the bike. Makes it look very unbalanced from front to back.

The worst has to be the mid-fairing though. It looks so foreign and doens't flow well with the rest of the bike. Looks like someone stuck it on as an afterthought.

Check out the link below...this pretty much summarizes my thoughts of the new R6...
http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...r/IMG_0170.jpg