Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice

Sportbike Addicts | Two Wheels... Our Drug of Choice (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/index.php)
-   Group Rides - Events - Bike Nights (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   ****Lobster Fest IX****Sat 05/05**** (http://sportbikeaddicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5035)

High_Revs_17 05-06-2007 07:56 PM

Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya? :ride:

causef0rconcern 05-06-2007 09:09 PM

Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.

Oh wait, our cruisers are from Japan too...

High_Revs_17 05-06-2007 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by causef0rconcern (Post 67141)
Hey dude the cruisers hung in there. Everyone laughed at first, little did they know! I was pushing that bike to its limits, but she stayed firm on the ground. We held our own against those silly Nipponese noise makers.

Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.

causef0rconcern 05-06-2007 09:36 PM

HighRevsguy, do you have a rocketship ninja bike too? Or is it a one-horse stable?

Tonupboy 05-06-2007 10:48 PM

I'm glad it was nothing serious. We all fall down once in a while - the gear does its supposed to. Just brush it off, fix the bike and we'll see you again on the road! Heal up!

gsxryager024 05-06-2007 10:54 PM

could some one explain what happened with the incident? Im very curious only for the fact that a new baby should be sitting in my garage within a few weeks. PM me if u want.

causef0rconcern 05-06-2007 11:11 PM

From what I understand (I am not an eyewitness), the pack was manuevering through a relativly sharp uphill left hander (I was slightly nervous making it through the same turn about 5-6 bikes ahead). One rider mid-pack lowsided and began sliding off the road, bike and rider seperatly. The person following grabbed a bunch of brake to avoid hitting the fallen rider and instead collided with the downed bike. This sent rider #2 down into the side of the pavement/grassy ditch area thing. Both riders were wearing padded jackets and jeans. They were shook up at the scene and a little achey, and I'm sure they are sore today with minor cuts and bruises. However they both were on their feet with no problems immidiatly after, and both bikes were ridable. Rider #2 limped another ~80 miles home with a completely mashed but bungeed front end.

Moral of the story?
1. When executing unfamiliar turns on a group ride, BE CAREFUL. If you feel displaced from your comfort zone, ease up and wave those behind you past so everyone can go through safely.
2. Maintain a safe distance. I'd say the two second rule is too short. If the person in front of you goes down for some reason, you should be able to react quickly and avoid further collision

Shit happens real quick when you're moving on a motorcycle. Be careful!! I was ecstatic to see everyone doing OK after I heard there was a wreck a few bikes back in the group. Thanks to everyone for helping out, and the guy who supplied the bungees, you rock! If you want those back we can arrange that easily.

Marker54 05-06-2007 11:12 PM

Awesome day everyone. Roads were def sweet! And the King Crab legs rocked!

Pics to come.

causef0rconcern 05-06-2007 11:16 PM

I was about to ask for some pics 'cause I know I saw people snapping away. I took 3 with my phone and they came out super crappy so yeah.

njf4i 05-07-2007 01:53 AM

like "cause" said. a certain rider hit a uphill sort of blinding left and didn't make it thru. its not a group ride error or anything else. it was a rough turn but a fun turn at the same time. one rider went down beceause of it. one rider target fixated/was worried about the rider down and got collected.

All in all it was a great ride. High_revs and i got to ride side by side for the last 2 legs and it was like old times. marker54 leaned his bike like it has never done before, and i rode a POS looking bike but had a blast. I know most of u, but it was nice meeting lurker, pwang, and runing into sandman. Hope u all enjoyed the new hope run because sandman did that run for xenos and i.

Don't worry sandman i'll show you how to ride to NH when i get my ne

njf4i 05-07-2007 02:14 AM

Oh and i haven't seen this guy since carteret bike night with commuta. It was a great ride and a good time....

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...suzis_date.jpg

MatthewC 05-07-2007 09:12 AM

Thank you to everyone who helped out and if you want your bungees back let me know. It was very nice meeting you all and I am glad everyone made it home safe.

Rev 05-07-2007 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 (Post 67142)
Real riders know it's not the bike, it's the rider, and you threw that thing around like nobody's business. The 600 I was on had a bit more left on the rear tire but the front end was very soft and I wasn't about to risk it so I just gave it a bit more body english in the twisties, overall it still got the job done.

The pace was sluggish..don't give yourself too much credit.. :roflmao:

ffejtable 05-07-2007 10:05 AM

Thanks Hani for setting up another great ride, and I am glad I was finally able to make it.

Sorry I had to leave early, but we were running a little late and I had some Cinco de Mayo plans with my brother in Toms River. I did about 230 miles Sat, about 180 of them were 2up... I didnt want to look at the bike Sunday!

akomplis 05-07-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by High_Revs_17 (Post 67135)
Everything else aside I had an awesome time yesterday, it was the first time I'd ridden since last year so for me it was just like old times again. Some of you never thought a Honda Shadow 600 would be hanging upfront in the twisties now did ya? :ride:

Yeah man you were doing your thing....glad to have you back dude...see you on the road on the next ride....

Good ride Hani....glad I was able to make it even if it was with someone else's bike....good to see all the familiar faces...

Shell/Matt get well....lots of riding season left hope to see you back out there....